13. Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering it. (also Ezekiel 3: all)
14. But the gate is narrow - contracted by pressure - and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are they who find it. [Jer. 21:8; Deut. 30:19]
15. Beware of the false prophets, who come to you dressed as sheep, but inside they are devouring wolves. [Ezek. 22:27]
It is easy to find someone that will teach any doctrine you want to hear. There are people that will tell you that it is OK to do anything that you want to do. There is an excuse to do anything that you can think of. There is an excuse to do anything but what God wants you to do, and every one of them will lead you straight to hell. Wide is the path that will lead you to self destruction, but the path that leads you to eternal life is a very narrow path requiring lots of self control, and a desire to do things God's way. It is not an easy life path, but it is the right life path. If God let everyone into heaven, He would just be turning Heaven into the place of heartache and turmoil that we have here. The idea is that heaven is better then it is here. That means that those who live their life for the Devil here will not be allowed into Heaven. God sets the standard. It is God's rules, not yours or mine. I don't care what your opinion is and neither does God. (2 Tim. 3:15-17)
19. Now the doings (practices) of the flesh are clear - obvious: they are immorality, impurity, indecency;
20. Idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger (ill temper), selfishness, divisions (dissensions), party spirit (factions), sects with peculiar opinions, heresies;
21. Envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22. But the fruit of the (Holy) Spirit, [the work which His presence within accomplishes - is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance, kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness;
23. (Meekness, humility) gentleness, self-control (self-restraint, continence), against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].
24. And those who belong to Christ Jesus, the Messiah, have crucified the flesh - the Godless human nature - with its passions and appetites and desires.
11. You (God) will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures for evermore. [Acts 2:25-28, 31]
35. Make me to go in the path of Your commandments, for in them do I delight.
36. Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to covetousness, [robbery, sensuality, unworthy riches]. [Ezek. 33:31; Mark 7:21, 22; 1 Tim. 6: 10; Heb. 13:5]
105. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. [Prov. 6:23]
1. O Lord, You have searched me (thoroughly) and have known me.
2. You know my down sitting and my uprising; You understand my thought afar off.
3. You sift and search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
4. For there is not a word in my tongue [still unuttered], but, lo, O Lord, You know it altogether. [Heb. 4:13]
5. You have beset me and shut me in behind and before, and have laid Your hand upon me.
6. Your (infinite) knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high above me, I cannot reach it.
7. Where could I go from Your Spirit? Or where could I flee from Your presence?
8. If I ascend up into Heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol [the place of the dead], behold, You are there. (Rom. 11:33]
9. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10. Even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.
11. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the night shall be the only light about me,
12. Even the darkness hides nothing from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You. [ Dan. 2:22]
13. For You form my inward parts, You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
14. I will confess and praise You, for You are fearfully wonderful, and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your work, and that my inner self knows right well.
15. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being formed in secret and intricately and curiously wrought (as if embroidered with various colors) in the depth of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery]
16. Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in your book all the days of my life were written, before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
17. How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! [Ps. 40:5]
18. If I could count them, they are more in number than the sand. When I awoke [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.
19. If you would [only] slay the wicked, O God, and the men of blood would depart from me:
20. Who speak against You wickedly, and Your enemies take Your name in vain! [Jude 15]
21. Do not I hate them, O Lord, who hate You? And am not grieved and do not I loathe those who rise up against You?
22. I hate them with perfect hatred; they have become my enemies.
23. Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me, and know my thoughts!
24. And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
1. My son, if you will receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you,
2. Making your ears attentive to skillful and Godly Wisdom, and inclining and directing your heart and mind to understanding - apply all your powers to the quest for it;
3. Yes, if you cry out for insight and raise your voice for understanding,
4. If you seek Wisdom as silver, and search for skillful and Godly Wisdom as for treasure;
5. Then you will understand the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of [our omniscient] God.
6. or the Lord gives skillful and godly Wisdom; from His month come knowledge and understanding.
7. He hides away sound and godly Wisdom and stores it for the righteous - those who are upright and in right standing with Him; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly and in integrity,
8. That He may guard the paths of justice. Yes, He preserves the way of His saints. [1 Sam. 2:9; Ps. 66:8,9.)
9. Then you will understand righteousness, justice, and fair dealing [ in every area and relation]; yes, you will understand every good path.
10. For skillful and godly Wisdom shall enter into your heart, and knowledge shall be pleasant to you
11. Discretion shall watch over you, understanding shall keep you;
19. The way of the wicked is as deep darkness; they do not know at what they stumble. [John 12:35].
20. My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings.
21. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart.
22. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh.
23. Keep your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.
In the same way a Rail Road track guides a train in the correct way to go, God leads us through His Spirit in the path that we should travel. When we stop following God's path it can be as destructive as a train when it leaves it's track.
Also: 1 Cor. 2: all; 1 Cor. 3: 11-23; 1 Cor. 1:25; 1 Cor. 10:13; Romans 6:23; 2 Peter 3:9; Psalms 27:11; Proverbs 1:15; 1 Cor. 14:40; Col. 2: 8-10, 15; 1 Tim. 6: 10-11; 2 Tim. 2:15; Titus 3:1-6, 10:30; Heb. 4: 11-16, 10:22-25, 38-39; James 1: all; 2: 15-20, 3:17-18; 1 Peter1:22; 1 John 1:15-17;
Notes from the author: This lesson was written and distributed by:
Apple Sauce Kids on the Internet at http://applesaucekids.com.
or we can be E-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to use this lesson: copy, teach, translate into other languages, place on the Internet and electronic Bulletin Boards, and distribute for non profit personal ministry reasons, as often as you wish. Yes, you can copy this lesson and use it on your web site, but please leave these "Notes from the author" with the lesson. Freely you have received this lesson, and freely you should give it to someone else. (written March 2002, revised 6/26/02)