Why Do We Need Salvation?
All people are born sinners. They (we) are born into a sin nature because Adam and Eve disobeyed and rejected God. They invited Satan into their hearts when they disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden and that sin nature is still in everyone today. The only way to get cleansed of it is to receive Jesus Christ into your heart.
James 4: 17 (Ampl.)
17. So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin.
John 14: (Ampl.)
6. Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.
1 Corinthians 15:
20. But the fact is that Christ, the Messiah, has been raised from the dead, and He became the first fruit of those who have fallen asleep [in death].
21. For since [it was] through a man (Adam) that death [came into the world, it is] also through a Man (Jesus) that the resurrection of the dead [has come].
22. For just as [because of union of nature] in Adam all people die (spiritually), so also [by virtue of their union of nature] shall all in Christ be made alive (spiritually).
Jesus was the only person that was sinless, full of love, full of the Spirit and full of life. The only way to pay for sin is with love (which is the opposite of sin). The only way to destroy the flesh is with the Spirit. The only way to destroy death is with life. The only person that could fix what Adam had messed up was Jesus.
Galatians 5: 14 - 26
16. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust (the driving force or pressure) of the flesh. (Because the Spirit will only lead you to operate in Love.)
17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would. (Sin is the opposite of God anointed love)
18. But if you be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery (immorality), fornication (impurity), uncleaness, lasciviousness (indecency),
20. Idolatry, witchcraft (sorcery), hatred, variance (quarreling), emulation (jealousy), wrath (ill temper), strife, seditions (selfishness), heresies (divisions [dissensions], party spirit [factions, sects with pecular opinions, heresies]),
21. Envying, murders, drunkenness, revellings (carousing), and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is (agape) love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness,
23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lust.
25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
(Love is Longsuffering, gentleness, etc.; Romans 5: 1-8, & 13: 8-10, & 1 Cor. 8: 1-3)
Romans 6: 16
16. Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servant to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
It is your decision. Your the one that makes the choice. You can follow Satan to Hell or Christ to Heaven.
8. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not (don't quit).
10. As we have there opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
16. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
(The Israel that follows God in truth and in Spirit.)
17. From henceforth let no man trouble me for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
18. brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Ephesians : 2 (Ampl.)
4. But God! So rich is He in His mercy! Because of and in order to satisfy the great and wonderful and intense love with which He loved us,
5. Even when we were dead [slain] by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ. - He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life which He quickened Him. [For] it is by grace - by His favor and mercy which you did not deserve - that you are saved ( delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation ).
6. And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together - giving us joint seating with Him - in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus, the Messiah, the Anointed One.
7. He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus.
8. For it is by grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves - of your own doing, it came not through your own striving - but it is the gift of God;
9. Not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law's demand], lest any man should boast. - It is not the result of what any one can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself.
Romans 6: 23, (Jesus is both the Mediator and the deliverer of Eternal Life)
23. For the wages which sin pays is death; but the [bountiful] free gift of God is eternal life through (in union with) Jesus Christ our Lord. Also John 20:31, John 16:23-26
Romans 1: 16 - 32, (Ampl.)
16. For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ; for it is God's power working unto salvation to every one who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek,
17. For in the Gospel a righteousness which God ascribes is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith. As it is written, The man who through faith is just and upright shall live and shall live by faith.
18. For God's [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative.
19. For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.
20. For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made. So [men] are without excuse.
21. Because when they knew and recognized Him as the God, they did not honor and glorify /him as God, or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking and their senseless minds were darkened.
22. Claiming to be wise, they became fools.
23. And by them the glory and majesty and excellence of the immortal God were exchanged for and represented by images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.
24. Therefore God gave them up in the lust of their [own] hearts to sexual impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, abandoning them to the degrading power of sin.
25. Because they exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed forever! Amen.
26. For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections and degrading passions. For their women exchanged their natural function for an unnatural and abnormal one;
27. And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze with lust for one another, men committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own bodies and personalities the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong doing and going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution.
28. And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome;
29. Until they were filled with every kind of unrighteousness, iniquity, grasping and covetous greed, [and] malice. [They were] full of envy and jealousy, murder, strife, deceit and treachery, ill will and cruel ways. [They were] secret backbiters and gossipers,
30. Slanderers, hateful to and hating God, full of insolence, arrogance [and] boasting; inventors of new forms of evil, disobedient and undutiful to parents.
31. [They were] without understanding, conscienceless and faithless, heartless and loveless [and] merciless.
32. Through they are fully aware of God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them. (also Gen. 2: 22-24, Matt. 19: 4-6)
Romans 4: 24 - 25,
24. But [they were written] for our sakes too. [Righteousness, standing acceptable to God] will be granted and accredited to us also who believe - trust in, adhere to and rely on- God who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,
25. Who was betrayed and put to death because of our misdeeds and was raised to secure our justification- our acquittal, and to make our account balanced, absolving us from all guilt before God. Also Matt. 27:50-54,
Romans 8: 9 - 17
9. But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit, if the (Holy) Spirit of God (really) dwells within you - directs and controls you, But if any one does not possess the (Holy) Spirit of Christ, he is none of His - he does not belong to Christ (is not truly a child of God)
11. And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you.
12. Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation - but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it.
13. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,
14. because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
15. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, abba, Father.
16. The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
17. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and coheirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may share in his glory.
Romans 8: (Jesus helps us to pray) (Ampl.)
26. So too the (Holy) Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance (praying in tongues).
27. And He Who searches the hearts of men knows what is in the mind of the (Holy) Spirit - what His intent is - because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will.
28. We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor], all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.
8. But what does it say? The Word is near you, on your lips and in your heart; that is, the Word - the message- of faith, which we preach.
9. Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in and rely on the truth) that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10. For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses - declares openly and speaks out freely his faith - and confirms (his) salvation. (by living it)
11. The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him – who adheres to, relies on and trusts in Him (Jesus) – will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed. [Isa.28:16-29; Jer. 17: all; Ps. 34: 17-22]
Jesus is all you need. He even fulfills the entire Law of Moses, including the sabbath (The day of rest).
Acts 13: 37-39
37. But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
38. Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39. And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
(In the days of Moses the sabbath was governed by a strict set of rules.)
17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law (of Moses), or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (Complete in every way)
18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (Until Jesus was raised from the dead 2000 years ago)
Hebrews 3: 18-19
17. And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest (sabbath), but to them that believed not?
18. So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
God's rest, His sabbath, is only for the true believers, because they are the ones that have received God's rest, Jesus.
This is the record that God gave of his Son, that Jesus came to give us life, and to give us life more abundant. Please pray with me now and fill your life with Life.
Father, I do believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and that he was raised the third day. Lord, I pray that you would forgive me of my sins for I forgive all those that have sinned against me. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and guide me, fill me with your Holy Spirit, give me the strength to withstand anything the Devil can throw at me and be victorious against him. Mold me into what you would have me to be, I pray in Jesus name, Amen.
Congratulations you are now a new creature in Christ! Well done!
Please feel free to use this lesson: copy, teach, translate into other languages, place on the Internet and electronic Bulletin Boards, and distribute for non profit personal ministry reasons, as often as you wish. Yes, you can copy this lesson and use it on your web site, but please leave these "Notes from the author" with the lesson. Freely you have received this lesson, and freely you should giv