In James 1: ALL, we see that
the tongue can not be easily controlled by a person' will. Only the supernatural
presence of God in us can really give us the ability to curb our tongues,
change our personalities, and behaviors.
By the power of God's words, He created the universe. Our tongues create and destroy every day. If we constantly say we're sick, we will get sick. If we constantly say we can't do something, we can't. We create and build or destroy our lives by the words that come out of our mouths and the beliefs of our hearts.
21. Death and Life are in the power of the tongue...
Jesus speaking in Mark 11:23-24,
23. Truly, I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart, but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him,
24. For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe - trust and be confident - that it is granted to you, and you will (get it).
(As long as it is in line with God's word. "Don't pray for God to kill someone. Don't pray for something just for greed, etc.")
We need to retrain our minds to winning, and away from losing, toward over coming instead of being defeated. We need to use God's examples.
17. No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
13. I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me - I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me.
We need to accept what God has done for us.
Isaiah 53: 4,5,
4. Surely He has borne our griefs - sickness, weakness and distress - and carried our sorrows and pain (of punishment). Yet we ignorantly considered Him(Jesus) stricken, smitten and afflicted by God
5. But He (Jesus) was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement needful to obtain peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes that wounded Him (Jesus) we are healed and made whole. (Jesus paid for it all, so that by faith you can receive it all)
1 Peter 2:24,
24. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, ...
Also Romans 8:
31. What then shall we say to (any problem)? If God be for us, who (can be) against us? - Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?
37. Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him (Jesus) Who loved us.
Memory verse: Proverbs 18:21
When you finish jumping around, give Jesus the thanks.
Notes from the author: This lesson was written and distributed by:
Apple Sauce Kids on the Internet at http://applesaucekids.com.
or we can be E-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to use this lesson: copy, teach, translate into other languages, place on the Internet and electronic Bulletin Boards, and distribute for non profit personal ministry reasons, as often as you wish. Yes, you can copy this lesson and use it on your web site, but please leave these "Notes from the author" with the lesson. Freely you have received this lesson, and freely you should give it to someone else. (written March 2002, revised 6/26/02)