Most people know the basic things that they should pray for: Peace on Earth, the love, health, and wealth of their family and friends, their pastor, and so on. But people often forget wisdom, knowledge, and strength. God specifically tells us that they are very important, and that we should obtain them. There is no more receptive time in a person's life then at the moment of salvation. A powerful moment of change that can include the in filling of these wonderful attributes if we would take the few seconds that are required.
Proverbs 3: 13 - 18,
Philippians 4: 13,
13. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding
Depending on the version of the Bible that you are using, you may see Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding used interchangeably. As you will see, God says that it is very important to get all of them. Why? Because they open another supernatural doorway though which God can become an interactive part of your life. And don't you want God to be an interactive part of your kid's life. One door after another we need to open our lives to the fresh air that is God and then you will have great victory in your life. Teach a kid to pray for them and you will give that kid a present that will last forever! They call this the Information Age, and man can we get INFORMATION!
|The dictionary defines these three words as follows:|
1. Common sense|
2. Good judgement
3. Accumulated learning
4. The enlighten understanding of what is true or right.
|Knowledge:||1. The state or fact of knowing.|
2. Familiarity, awareness, or understanding gained through experience or study.
|Understanding:|| 1. Comprehension|
3. Individual or specific judgment or outlook in a matter; opinion; interpretation
But you need to understand that these are the "Worldly definitions". We have access to the supernatural God filled definitions! As believers we have access to more then just a bunch of words. We have access to living, interactive, learning on the go, God is personally involved, and helping, we can do all things WORDS! The God filled Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding that sees and knows and understands the truth about everything. Not just educationally, but in our personal lives. Our friends, our enemies, and the people that say they're our friends and are really up to no good. This is the kind of stuff where God can have a daily personal interaction with a kid. God can show them and teach them things that they could not know any other way. This is the kind of information that kids really need, and now we are going to give it to them!
5. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
6. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
7. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
(In this verse, WISDOM means both worldly and spiritually.)
Godly wisdom is only for believers. Are you a believer? Good! Even if God can not work directly for your unbelieving loved one (kid, etc.). He will honor your prayer. So lets make a list of some situations where it sure would be nice to have Godly Wisdom.
1. In school
2. In Sunday school, and church
3. In social situations, it would be nice to know who you can trust, and who to stay away from.
4. In business, and personal financial situations
5. At work
6. In family situations
Any place where you would like to have supernatural Godly wisdom, knowledge, and understanding you can have it. But first you must comply with God's rules. You must be a believer, and you must live the life. You must walk the walk, and talk the talk. For adults this can be a terrible battle. Adults become so battle weary and socially correct that it is hard to change their ways. But when you start praying for prebirth babies and small kids to receive supernatural Godly wisdom, knowledge, understanding and strength you protect them before Satan can harden them. In my opinion the protection aspects of wisdom, knowledge, understanding and strength are as important as the educational aspects. It is as important to know who your REAL FRIENDS are as it is to be smart. Half of learning, is wanting to be around people who want to learn. Half of getting into trouble, is wanting to be around people who want to get into trouble. Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding clearly separates the good from the evil, and Strength gives you the power and courage to make the right choice.
1. Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel (wisdom, advice) of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
3. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
4. Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.
5. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
There are so many great verses that I might as well reprint the Bible. Try reading all of these: James 1:5; Psalms 23, 32, 34, 91, and Proverbs 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9; Eph. 1: 7-9.
One small side note. Notice that Solomon wanted wisdom, and with the wisdom he got riches and fame. Never pray for your kids to be rich. There are lots of stupid unhappy rich people around. Pray for your kids to get Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding. And then they will live happy well rounded lives that are rich in all ways.
1. The power of resisting force.
2. The ability to maintain a moral or intellectual position firmly, especially in the face of opposition or temptation.
3. Capacity or potential for effective action.
2 Cor. 12:
9. But he (God) said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Grace is God's willingness to use His power in your behalf. So when God says "My grace is sufficient for you" He is saying that His power can overcome any enemy and you have access to all of it. You don't have to act like a bully, but you do have to learn to be the person God wants you to be. I know that it takes time to learn and understand this, but the younger a person is when they start, the more success they will have in life.
Phil 4:13, I can do everything through him
who gives me strength.
Also: Ex 15:2, Deut. 33:25, Psalm 27:14, 28:7, 29:11, 46:1,59:17, Isaiah 40:29, 31; 41:10, 1 Peter 4:11
Notes from the author: This lesson was written and distributed by:
Apple Sauce Kids on the Internet at http://applesaucekids.com.
or we can be E-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to use this lesson: copy, teach, translate into other languages, place on the Internet and electronic Bulletin Boards, and distribute for non profit personal ministry reasons, as often as you wish. Yes, you can copy this lesson and use it on your web site, but please leave these "Notes from the author" with the lesson. Freely you have received this lesson, and freely you should give it to someone else. (written March 2002, revised 6/26/02)